Advice and Support for Victims

Being a victim of a crime can be a distressing experience.

If you've been the victim of a crime, you have the choice whether or not to report it to the police. We want all crimes to be reported.

  • We will offer guidance to reduce the chance of you becoming a victim again
  • We will provide you with a named point of contact for your case, agreeing if and how you want to be kept updated
  • We will ensure all victims are offered a referral to Cheshire CARES and we will help you make a statement where appropriate, detailing how the crime has affected you personally
  • We will act on feedback to improve our services.

Reporting a crime

In an emergency call 999.

Our communications operators strive to answer all calls within 10 seconds.

For non-urgent calls, ring 101 or contact us using our Online Form. Using 999 for general enquiries may delay response to someone who needs urgent assistance.

Our commitment to you

Cheshire Police and our criminal justice partners are committed to providing victims and witnesses of crime with the best possible service at all times.

These pages will outline how we will treat you as a victim of crime and the level of service you will receive from us, including our commitments under the Code of Practice for Victims of Crime.

Cheshire police have designed a Victim Information Pack for all victims of crime which explains what you can expect from us from the moment you report a crime right through to when the trial has finished at court. This provides a guide to the services and support you can receive.

Advice and information

What happens after you contact the police?

Information about what we will do, how we will protect you against harassment and how you can help with the investigation.

What happens if your case goes to court?

Information about the court process when you go to court as a witness and how we will support you through this.

Organisations offering advice and support for victims

Contact details of other organisations that can give you advice and support.

Your rights

Information about The Victims' Code of Practice and details of how you can seek compensation.

Victims' Right to Review (VRR)

Details of how to raise a request to review your case.