The Control of Explosives Regulations 1991 (COER) require a person who acquires or keeps explosives to hold an explosives certificate issued by the Police.
There are two types of COER Explosives licences:
If you are applying as a company or corporate body:
You will need to complete Explosives Form ER 4 if you are applying to Cheshire Constabulary for the grant of an explosives certificate, or Explosives Form ER 4b for the renewal of an existing certificate.
- Any application for the grant or renewal of a certificate by a company or corporate body or individuals on behalf of an organisation.
Do not use for:
- Grant application by an individual for their own use of Black powder in firearms or shotguns
- Grant application by an individual for their own use of Black powder in relation to re-enactment (cannon crew etc)
- Any renewal of the above situations
- Any type of Visitor(s) application.
If you are applying as an individual:
You will need to complete Explosives Form ER 4a to apply to Cheshire Constabulary for the grant of an explosives certificate, or the renewal of an existing certificate.
- Grant applications by an individual for their own use of Black powder in firearms or shotguns
- Grant applications for an individual's own use in relation to re-enactment
- Renewal of a certificate that is not to be co-terminal with their application to renew a firearm or shotgun certificate
- Renewal of a certificate where the applicant wishes to change from acquire only to acquire and keep or vice versa
- Renewal where the applicant is now applying for or has a registration/licence under MSER.
Do not use for:
- Any type of visitor(s) application
- Any application that is not for the purpose specified under the Use for heading.
Submitting your application
All forms and photographs, duly signed should be forwarded to:
Firearms Licensing Department