Cheshire Constabulary has been working alongside local schools to increase knowledge about hate crime with the help of pupils. The force launched its Not in Our School poster competition asking young people to design a piece of artwork that would help prevent hate crime within schools and the community they serve.
There was a fantastic response to the competition and the winners are:
Primary School Awards
- Chester LPU: Poppy Bryant, aged 10, Upton Westlea Primary School
- Crewe LPU: Mimi Taylor-Messam, aged 11, Underwood West Academy
- Ellesmere Port LPU: Alyssa Bennett, aged 8, Meadow Community Primary School
- Macclesfield LPU: Stefanie Konig, aged 11, St Vincent De Paul Catholic School
- Northwich LPU: Lily Rodger, aged 9, Witton Church Walk C of E Primary School
- Warrington LPU: Lewis Barton, aged 7, Meadowside CP and Nursery School
High School Awards
- Macclesfield LPU: Connie Jordan, aged 12, The King’s School in Macclesfield
- Warrington LPU: Hamnah Sadiq, aged 13, Great Sankey High School
- Widnes LPU: Finlay Hill, aged 12, Wade Deacon High School
Cheshire Constabulary Graphic Designer’s Choice Award
- Josephine Allen, aged 11, Belgrave Primary School
Exceptional Promotion of Inclusion and Diversity Award
- Witton Church Walk C of E Primary School in Northwich with a staggering 157 entries and including each child within the setting from Year 1 to Year 6.
Engagement and Insight Officer Kerry Richardson said: “Well done to all the winners, it was an extremely difficult judging process and all entries showed a great understanding of hate crime and who can be affected. Each school that entered has shown an outstanding commitment to educating their pupils and staff about hate crime. The poster competition goes some way to showcase their knowledge. Each and every pupil should be immensely proud of themselves for taking part.”
Winners were presented with certificates at a special awards evening and will now see their designs digitally created before being displayed across their respective local policing areas.