By Phone

In an emergency

If you need urgent assistance you should always dial 999. We aim to answer within 10 seconds.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can:

Silent 999 calls

Silent 999 calls are not automatically transferred to the police, as they may have been dialled accidentally. However there is a procedure which the police request the emergency operator to follow for silent 999 calls that means that if you have made an emergency call but cannot speak (for example because you believe you will be in danger if you are heard), then the nature of the call will be identified if at all possible and it will be connected to the police and dealt with appropriately.

If you find yourself in the situation of having to make a silent 999 call to police, you must listen carefully to the emergency operator and follow instructions given to you. This is the same for calls from a landline or mobile phone. However please be aware that it is extremely difficult for the police to trace the location of mobile phone calls, so any indication you can give of your location, even if you have to whisper, is vital.

If it's not an emergency or a general enquiry

If you don't need urgent assistance, or have a general enquiry, you should dial 101 (our non-emergency number).

Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles - no matter how long you're on the phone.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can contact the police using a text phone through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.

Contact from abroad

Call +44 1244 350000 if you want to contact Cheshire Police from outside of the UK.


General enquiries

If you have a general query you can use our general enquiry form or email [email protected] - this address should not be used to report a crime.

We have a number of official accounts on Facebook and Twitter where you can get in touch with us.

Making a request for information

If you want to request information held about yourself you will need to make a subject access request. You can also make a Freedom of Information request.

In Person

If you want to contact us in person you can find and visit your nearest police station.

We also have a number of police contact points across the county, these are touch screen devices which you can use to have a web chat or phone call with one of our call handlers.

Local Policing Units host regular meetings every month where you can speak to local officers and discuss issues with them. Visit the local policing section to find your Local Policing Unit and their meeting dates.