Partner agencies

Below is a list of our partner agencies, with an explanation of the services they offer and how to contact them.

Action Fraud

Action Fraud is the UK’s national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre and takes reports from victims of fraud. Action Fraud will provide a crime reference number following a report.

Action Fraud also provides advice and information about how to protect yourself from becoming a victim of fraud.

Telephone: 0300 1232040

Visit the Action Fraud website  

Report fraud

ACRO Criminal Records Office

ACRO Criminal Records Office manages criminal record information, issues police certificates and manages Subject Access Requests.

Telephone: 02380 479 920

Email: [email protected]

Visit the ACRO Criminal Records Office website

Subject Access Requests 


Addaction is a charity helping people change for the better. Located at sites across the UK, Addaction supports people wanting to make changes to their drug or alcohol use, as well as supporting them with concerns about their mental health.

Telephone: 020 7251 5860

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Addaction website




Age UK

Age UK provides a range of support and services to help people make the most of later life. Visit Age UK’s website to access a range of free information and advice.

Telephone: 0800 169 6565

Online contact form

Visit the Age UK website


Alcoholics Anonymous

Founded in 1935, Alcoholics Anonymous exists to help people battling alcoholism with their personal recovery and continued sobriety.

Telephone: 0845 769 7555

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Alcoholics Anonymous website


Ambulance (North West Ambulance)

North West Ambulance provides life-saving accident and emergency care to patients in the community 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. North West Ambulance also delivers the NHS 111 service in the North West.

In an emergency dial 999.

Dial 111 when it’s less urgent.

Visit the North West Ambulance website

Anti-Terrorist Hotline

The Anti-Terrorist Hotline is a confidential service allowing you to report concerns around terrorism or suspected terrorist activity. No piece of information is considered too small or insignificant.

Telephone: 0800 789 321 (in emergencies always call 999)

Textphone: 08000324539

Confidential online form

British Transport Police (BTP)

The national police service for the railways, policing the journeys of more than six million passengers every day.

Telephone: 0800 40 50 40

Text: 61016

Email: [email protected]

Online enquiries

Visit the British Transport Police website

Cheshire Fire and Rescue

Responding to emergency incidents across the county, Cheshire Fire and Rescue operates a 24-hour service from 25 fire stations.

In an emergency dial 999.

Non-emergency contact telephone: 01606 868700

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Cheshire Fire and Rescue website


Childline offers help and support to any young person under the age of 19 with any issue they may be experiencing. Trained counsellors are available at any time over the phone, by email or through one-to-one chat.

Telephone: 0800 1111

Contact Childline

Online web chat

Visit the Childline website

Citizens Advice

Free, independent, confidential and impartial advice is provided by Citizens Advice via a range of contact methods including online, web chat and over the phone. Contact Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm if you need help with a consumer problem.

Helpline: 03444 111444

Textphone helpline: 03444 111445

Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 03454 040506

Textphone: 18001 03454040506

Visit the Citizens Advice website


Councils in Cheshire

Contact details for your local council.

Chester West and Chester
Visit the Chester West and Chester website
Telephone: 0300 1238123

Cheshire East
Visit the Cheshire East website
Telephone: 0300 123 5500

Halton Borough Council
Visit the Halton Borough Council website
Telephone: 0303 3334300

Warrington Borough Council
Visit the Warrington Borough Council website
Telephone: 01925 443322


Crimestoppers is an independent crime-fighting charity allowing people to report information about crime anonymously over the phone or online.

Telephone: 0800 555 111

You can use the Crimestoppers online form to safely and securely pass information about crime or a most wanted appeal to Crimestoppers annoymously.

Visit the Crimestoppers website

Dog Wardens

Cheshire’s councils operate their own dog warden services and allow you to report lost, found and stray dogs. If you see a dog causing disruption on the public highway please contact the police on 999.

Cheshire West
Telephone: 0300 123 7038 (option one) 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours (including weekends and Bank Holidays) please call 0300 123 7035.

Cheshire East
Telephone: 0300 123 5021

Halton Borough Council
Telephone: 0303 333 4300

Warrington Borough Council (Animal Wardens)
Telephone: 0161 334 0042

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)

The DVLA holds more than 47 million driver records and more than 39 million vehicle records. It is responsible for issuing driving licences and vehicle registration certificates.

Contact the DVLA

Visit the DVLA website

Environment Agency

The Environment Agency is a public body concerned with the protection of the environment and supporting sustainable development. The Environment Agency is a useful source of information about flooding, environmental permits, boating and waterways, fisheries and environmental data.

Telephone: 0370 850 6506

Minicom: 0370 242 2549

Environment incident hotline (24-hour service): 0800 807060

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Environment Agency website


Get Safe Online

Get Safe Online is a source of advice and guidance about how to protect yourself and your devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and other problems you may encounter online.

Online contact form

Visit the Get Safe Online website

Government services and information

The website for the UK’s government, containing information about government services, including visas, immigration and work visas.

Visit the website

More information on visas, immigration and work visas

Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC):

HMRC is the UK’s tax, payments and customs authority. The website for HMRC provides information about a range of available services.

Contact HMRC

Visit the HMRC website


Highways England

Highways England is responsible for the operation of England’s motorways and major A roads, as well as their maintenance and improvement.

Telephone: 0300 123 5000

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Highways England website

Home Office

The Home Office is the lead government department for immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime, fire, counter-terrorism and police.

Telephone: 020 7035 4848

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Home Office website




The contact telephone numbers for hospitals in Cheshire are below. In an emergency please dial 999.

Countess of Chester Hospital: 01244 365000

Warrington Hospital: 01925 635911

Halton General Hospital: 01928 714567

Macclesfield District General Hospital: 01625 421000

Leighton Hospital: 01270 255141

Victoria Infirmary: 01606 564000

Bowmere Hospital: 01244 397300

Hollins Park Hospital: 01925 664000

Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC)

The IPCC oversees the police complaints system in England and Wales and sets the standards by which the police should handle complaints.

The IPCC is independent and makes decisions entirely independently of the police and government. The IPCC is not part of the police.

Independent Police Complaints Commission
PO Box 473, Sale
M33 0BW

Telephone: 0300 020 0096 (press 2 at prompt)

Email: [email protected]

Visit the IPCC website


MIND provides advice and support to anyone who is experiencing a mental health problem. MIND’s website features an A-Z of mental health providing comprehensive information and guidance.

Telephone: 0300 123 3393

Text: 86463

Email: [email protected]

National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV)

The NCDV exists to help survivors of domestic violence obtain protection against an abuser and provides a free legal injunction service.

Telephone: 0800 970 2070
Option 1: Information about getting an injunction
Option 2: all other non-urgent enquiries

Text: NCDV to 60777 and NCDV will call back

Email: [email protected]

Visit the NCDV website


The NSPCC is a national charity campaigning against child abuse. The NSPCC helps children who have been abused to rebuild their lives and aims to help protect those at risk of abuse.

Telephone: 0808 800 5000

Text: 88858

Email: [email protected]

Visit the NSPCC website

Neighbourhood Watch

The Neighbourhood Watch scheme aims to bring neighbours together and work police and local authorities to help bring about safer communities.

Telephone: 0116 229 311

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Neighbouthood Watch website

NHS 111

111 is the NHS non-emergency contact number and should be used when you urgently need medical help or advice but are not in a life-threatening situation. 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Telephone: 111

Visit the NHS 111 website

Rape Crisis

Rape Crisis aims to promote the needs and rights of women and girls who have experienced sexual violence. You can contact Rape Crisis to access a range of advice and support services and to find details of local organisations offering support to victims of sexual violence.

Telephone: 0808 802 9999

Email: rcew[email protected]

Visit the Rape Crisis website


Relate is a provider of relationship support and counselling and seeks to help people strengthen their relationships. Relate’s website features a FAQ section which provides information about the range of support services available.

Telephone:  0300 100 1234

Live chat with a counsellor

Visit the Relate website

Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA)

The RSPCA is an animal welfare charity campaigning to raise standards of animal care. The RSPCA investigates cases of animal cruelty and gathers evidence which may lead to offenders being prosecuted. You can contact the RSPCA online or over the phone to report sick or injured animals, or to report cases of suspected animal cruelty.

Telephone: 0300 1234 999

Online cruelty reporting form

Visit the RSPCA website



The Samaritans service is available 24 hours a day and provides confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress, despair or suicidal thoughts. If you’re unsure if the Samaritans can help you, visit their website to read accounts from people who have previously been helped by their service.

Telephone: 08457 90 90 90

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Samaritans website

Talk to Frank

Talk to Frank offers a friendly, confidential drugs advice service. You can contact Talk to Frank by phone, live chat, SMS and email.

Telephone: 0300 123 6600

Text: 82111

Live web chat with someone from Talk to Frank


Visit the Talk to Frank website