Volunteering for Cheshire provides you with an exciting and rewarding opportunity to assist and support alongside Police Officers and Police Staff to achieve the Constabulary’s objectives of cutting crime and making Cheshire safe.
There are a number of ways for you to get involved and become a part of the policing family.
What do I gain from volunteering with Cheshire Constabulary?
The Constabulary is very keen to nurture and support their volunteers. We understand that working as a team can provide benefits to both the organisation and the volunteer.
When volunteering with us you can be assured that you will:
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Gain confidence and self esteem
- Get to know the local community
- Develop key skills
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Enhance your CV.
How the Constabulary can benefit from volunteers:
- Professional experience
- Strengthening communities
- Understanding communities
- Encourages civic responsibility
- Organisational feedback
- Additional skills
- Community ambassadors
- Building social capital.
Some of the duties may include (role dependent):
- Collating information such as burglary packs, and crime prevention literature ready for circulation
- Assisting in the preparation and organisation of the local beat meetings
- Supporting and co-ordinating local community surveys
- Assisting in the development, design, production and delivery of local newsletters/ flyers etc.
Areas of the Constabulary we have had volunteer support:
- On area in their local police station
- Crime reduction
- Diversity unit
- Mental health
- Dog unit.
Who is eligible to become a volunteer?
We do not expect formal qualifications for most tasks, but what we are interested in is common sense, dedication and great communication skills.
To apply, you must be aged over 16
What is the application process?
The stages in the selection process are:
- Receipt of application form
- Role Matched to a suitable role
- Interview (usually informal)
- Vetting and security checks
- Medical assessment
- Finance checks
- Offer of appointment
Interested in becoming a Police Support Volunteer?
Due to popular demand, we're currently only taking on specific roles, further details about roles are available on the Constabulary recruitment site.
We will be taking on new Police Support Volunteer roles in the New Year.
In the meantime, if you have any queries about Police Support Volunteers, please email Cheshire.Police.Volunteers@cheshire.pnn.police.uk.
Please monitor our website and social media accounts for updates.