Volunteering for Cheshire provides you with an exciting and rewarding opportunity to assist and support alongside Police Officers and Police Staff to achieve the Constabulary’s objectives of cutting crime and making Cheshire safe.
There are a number of ways for you to get involved and become a part of the policing family and below are some of the frequently asked questions about becoming a Police Support Volunteer.
The Constabulary is very keen to nurture and support their volunteers. We understand that working as a team can provide benefits to both the organisation and the volunteer.
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Gain confidence and self esteem
- Get to know the local community
- Develop key skills
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Enhance your CV
- Professional experience
- Strengthening communities
- Understanding communities
- Encourages civic responsibility
- Organisational feedback
- Additional skills
- Community ambassadors
- Building social capital
The activities that you would get involved in are dependent of the role you undertake, but may include:
- Collating information such as burglary packs, and crime prevention literature ready for circulation
- Assisting in the preparation and organisation of the local beat meetings
- Supporting and co-ordinating local community surveys
- Assisting in the development, design, production and delivery of local newsletters/flyers
- On area in their local police station
- Crime reduction
- Diversity unit
- Mental health
- Dog unit
We do not expect formal qualifications for most tasks, but what we are interested in is common sense, dedication and great communication skills. To apply, you must be aged over 16.
The stages in the selection process are:
- Receipt of application form
- Matched to a suitable role
- Interview (usually informal)
- Vetting and security checks
- Medical assessment
- Finance checks
- Offer of appointment
Interested in becoming a Police Support Volunteer?
There are a number of ways for you to get involved and become a part of the policing family. Due to popular demand, we're currently only taking on specific roles.
Find out more information about our volunteer roles, those available and to register your interest.Please monitor our website and social media accounts for updates.