The outstanding work of officers, staff and volunteers was celebrated at the Constabulary's annual ACE (Achieving Cheshire Excellence) Awards event on Friday, 13 September 2019.
The awards are the Constabulary's highest accolades that can be awarded to an individual or team who has gone that extra mile or demonstrated exceptional commitment to policing in Cheshire.
This year's ceremony was the fifth annual event and took place at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel. It was presented by ITV weather presenter Emma Jesson.
Chief Constable Darren Martland said: “I’m extremely proud of the fantastic work our officers, staff and volunteers do each and every day to help keep Cheshire safe.
“It is important that we dedicate an opportunity like the Ace Awards to celebrate some of this work and hear the inspirational stories which have led to this year’s nominations.
“We have some truly outstanding people at Cheshire Constabulary and I would like to personally congratulate all those who were nominated by their colleagues.
“They all deserve this recognition for their dedicated service to both the constabulary and the communities of Cheshire.”
David Keane, Police and Crime Commissioner for Cheshire, added: “The ACE Awards provide us with an opportunity to celebrate the incredible achievements of Cheshire Constabulary’s talented officers, staff and volunteers and I am incredibly proud of the work that each and every member of the force carries out round the clock to protect local residents.
“A huge congratulations to all of those who have been recognised at this year’s awards.
“Once again, we have heard some inspirational stories of bravery, commitment and going the extra mile to keep Cheshire residents safe.”
A full list of this year's winners can be found below.
- Community Engagement - PCSOs Paul Barker and Moira McCue
- Services to the Public - PCSO Emma Darroch
- Working in Partnership - PCSO Ross Norman
- Creativity and Innovation - Sergeant Rob Simpson
- Inspirational Leadership - Detective Chief Inspector Myra Ball
- Volunteer of the Year - Alison Weston
- Special Constable of the Year - Special Sergeant Michael Harrison
- PCSO of the Year - PCSO Lizzie Jolley
- Police Staff of the Year - Julie Cradock
- Police Officer of the Year - PC Nick Anderton
- Team of the Year - Runcorn Beat Initiative Team
To view more photos from the event visit our Flickr page