Macclesfield Local Policing Unit invites you to be a Community Reporter.
- Are you interested in policing in your local area?
- Are you willing to give up a few hours of your time to go out with your local officers?
- Do you like to tweet or blog and would be able to do so whilst out with officers?
We are offering members of the Macclesfield community the chance to get a unique insight into policing, whilst being able to share their personal experience online.
What is community reporting?
Community reporting allows members of our community to see first-hand the work that goes into making the community you live and work in a safe place to be. The project gives you an opportunity to ride along with a member of our beat management team and report on what is going on via social media.
Who is the pilot for?
- Members of the Macclesfield community with an interest in what is going on locally, and who want to see first-hand the work our beat management teams do.
- You must be over 16 and available for a few hours a day over the coming months.
- You must be willing to come with an open mind and be prepared to share your experience with others.
- You need to have access to a personal or corporate social media account or blog.
Do I need any training?
No training is required. However, all reporters will be given a briefing prior to their patrol to ensure that risk is minimised and that we are able to maintain and maximise the integrity of the scheme.
For further information about the scheme please use the form below.