Government issues advice following Tunisia attack Date published: 2nd July 2015 3.24pm

The Government has issued the following advice and support for people affected by the Tunisia attack of 26 June:

If you are feeling unwell, or overwhelmed and unable to cope as a result of your experience, speak to your GP or call NHS 111. Remember to tell them that you were in Tunisia at the time of the attack.

The British Red Cross has launched a dedicated telephone support line offering practical advice and emotional support to anyone affected by the recent events.  Call 0844 4631 345 (or 0203 417 0260 from overseas), daily 8am - 8pm.

Victim Support can offer emotional and practical support to anyone personally affected by the Tunisia attack. You can contact them through their free 24/7 helpline on 0808 28 111 36.  You might also like to see 

Disaster Action ( offers support and information to those directly affected by disaster. The website includes a free leaflet series -‘When Disaster Strikes’- which has been written for bereaved people and survivors by those who have been similarly affected by disaster:

Cruse Bereavement Care ( offer support when someone dies, through services available throughout the UK.  You can contact them through their telephone helpline on 0844 477 9400 (open Monday and Friday 9.30-5pm and until 8pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, except bank holidays), or through 

Cruse also provides specific support for young people through a dedicated telephone line and website: 0808 808 1677

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) can consider applications for compensation under the Victim of Overseas Terrorism Compensation Scheme 2012, for those bereaved or injured in terrorist incidents that have happened outside the UK.  Anyone directly affected by this incident can find out about applying for compensation at or call the CICA helpline on 0300 003 3601.

You may be entitled to financial support if you are injured or unable to work as a result of being involved in the attack.  More information about Carers and Disability Benefits, and financial help if you become disabled, is available at:  The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) also provides advice about a range of payments and benefits relating to bereavement at

The Foreign Office (FCO) continues to provide consular assistance – please call 0207 008 1500 and ask for Consular Assistance. For travel advice, consult