A Crewe man has admitted offences linked to child sexual exploitation.
Obidzans Bobonazarovs from Crewe, has been handed a two year suspended sentence following a hearing at Chester Crown Court on Thursday 23 March.
He has been ordered to attend a Sex Offender Treatment Programme and will also be placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register for a period of 10 years.
The 56-year-old previously pleaded guilty to 11 counts of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child under 13 and one count of inciting a girl under 13 to engage in sexual activity.
The offences relate to 13 children from across the country, aged between nine and 12, and took place between February 2015 and April 2015.
Bobonazarovs utilised a social media application to engage in sexual activity via a webcam video chat facility in the presence of his victims - he also incited a child to engage in sexual activity via a webcam.
He used the video chat element of the social media application to contact a number of children, who were unknown to him, by accessing their profile names. On all occasions Bobonazarovs attempted to hide his face. At no point did he physically meet any of the children.
Victims reported the offences to their local police forces, and enquiries subsequently led to the arrest of Bobonazarovs on 22 June 2015. He was later charged with the offences in December 2016.
Detective Constable Andy Kent, of Cheshire police’s Paedophile and Cyber Investigation Team, said: "Our priority is to protect children from harm and to identify and bring to account those who would seek to cause harm. Those involved in this sort of activity online need to know that the internet is not a safe, anonymous place to exploit children − they leave a digital footprint and we will find it.
“The Constabulary has a dedicated team whose role is to relentlessly pursue the online paedophile, and we have worked long and hard to ensure Bobonazarovs is punished for his actions.
“I would like to thank the victims in this case for coming forward and reporting Bobonazarovs - and for their co-operation and support throughout what has been a very difficult time. They have been supported throughout this process by specialist trained officers and their families – and I hope that the conclusion today helps to bring about a degree of closure for all involved.”
Police & Crime Commissioner for Cheshire, David Keane said: “The impact of this type of crime is devastating and it can have long lasting and significant effects on all those involve. The Constabulary has a duty to protect those who are most vulnerable within our communities and I am pleased to see that officers continue to work hard to tackle this issue.
“I would like to thank all of the officers and staff involved for the dedication and commitment that they have shown. I would like to assure the people of Cheshire that this type of action will continue, as the Constabulary works to make our communities safer.”
DC Kent added: “It is imperative that parents and guardians are aware of who their child is speaking to online. Pay close attention to their social media, and provide them with advice and guidance to ensure they remain safe online. We will continue to work closely with our partners in safeguarding those children who are vulnerable to exploitation.
“Many victims are too scared to come forward and talk about what has happened to them − some fear they will not be believed, others do not see themselves as victims. If you are concerned that someone you know may have fallen victim to this type of crime or may be at risk of child sexual exploitation please contact Cheshire police on 101. Information can also be left anonymously, via the charity Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.”