Police in Congleton are warning residents to be alert following number of vehicle crimes in the local area.
Over the past few weeks officers have responded to several reports of vehicle crime in the the Mossley area of Congleton, specifically on the following streets:
• Goldfinch Close
• Kennet Drive
• Lamberts Lane
• Camborne Close
• Guernsey Close
• Park Lane
During all of the incidents the offenders have either smashed windows or accessed insecure vehicles and stolen items such as handbags and other valuable items
Sergeant Ross Hamilton said; “We are currently following a number of lines of enquiry and as part of our investigation I’m keen to appeal to anyone in the local area who believes they have any information in relation to these incidents.
“I’d also like ask anyone in the area who has CCTV cameras to review their footage from 1st July until present for any suspicious activity.
“We had already recovered footage has from one camera on Camborne Close which shows a white male with short dark hair, wearing blue jeans, white trainers and a white pale coloured top/jacket.”
Anyone with any information in relation to the incident is asked to contact Cheshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 276 of 3/7/2016. Alternatively information can be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Vehicle owners are also reminded to following crime prevention advice:
• Please make sure that your car is locked and all windows and doors are closed
• Activate all security devices, alarms etc, when left unattended
• Always park your car in a safe, well-lit place. Use a garage if you have one
• Never leave your keys in a place within your home that can be easily reached and store keys out of plain sight
• Don’t leave any valuables on show, even loose change or clothing will attract attention